• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Obama's Speech Tonight

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I don't care it your are right or left or somewhere in between....if you didn't shed a tear or two during President Obama's address to the nation tonight, you either don't have a soul, are a terrorist or simply hate the United States of America. In this moment of incredible tragedy, I have never felt more united with my fellow Americans since 9/11. God bless America!

1ManRevolution

Life at Freeones is good!
I don't care it your are right or left or somewhere in between....if you didn't shed a tear or two during President Obama's address to the nation tonight, you either don't have a soul, are a terrorist or simply hate the United States of America. In this moment of incredible tragedy, I have never felt more united with my fellow Americans since 9/11. God bless America!

Which will no doubt be ripped apart by the pundints in the comming days...

Trident1

Less than 1,000 posts away from my free Freeones T-shirt
The middle will be as close as ever, but the left and right will remain entrenched unfortunately.

bustybbwlover

I'm so great I'm jelous of myself.
can i have not shed a tear cuz i didn't watch it? i mean without any negative monikers being associated with me

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
The middle will be as close as ever, but the left and right will remain entrenched unfortunately.

Not even for a day? Wow....that really bums me out.

can i have not shed a tear cuz i didn't watch it? i mean without any negative monikers being associated with me

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it....???

Watch the replays which are being done ad nauseum. If you still don't feel a sense of unity (surprised by the responses so far really...are we this far divided?), I guess I have underestimated the differences between all of us. Sad if true. :crying:

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Like I stated in the Griffith thread, this will be THE defining speech and moment in his presidency.....I wasn't around for MLK, but from what I've seen and read, this speech was very MLK-like.:clap:

I couldn't image a stuttering prick like George Bush or an outright infidel like Sarah Palin, having the effect and command in that arena like Obama did!

bustybbwlover

I'm so great I'm jelous of myself.
i support neither party honestly...they're both to mired in their own inertia rather than seeking new and logical solutions to problems that we as a nation face...nothing anyone could say could match my own feeling about the tragedy of the event at hand, i hope that this doesn't become a tool for either party used as the tragedy of 9/11 has been all to often, i honestly feel a unity not with just this nation but with the world as a whole, i seek to at least understand the views of people, even ones i disagree with, the fact of human existence is that there is always more in common between us than there is to separate us, however all to often we humans allow the five percent of what separates us to define us instead of the 95 percent that we share

Last edited:

LaLiLuLeLohan

I changed my middle-name to Freeones

I didn't see it and I won't catch any replay. I'm not a great man..or even a good man, but my heart and brain still work well enough that I can experience emotions due to events and situations and not a speech written by an unknown stranger and performed by a politician. Just as I don't need to watch a Leo DiCaprio movie to realize how awful and evil the African diamond trade is.

I'm absolutely not knocking Obama...he's doing his job and I'm sure he did it well. But post-tragedy speeches in general have always seemed empty and hollow to me. Sincerity and raw emotions never require preparation and rehearsal.

LaLiLuLeLohan

Like I stated in the Griffith thread, this will be THE defining speech and moment in his presidency.....I wasn't around for MLK, but from what I've seen and read, this speech was very MLK-like.:clap:

I couldn't image a stuttering prick like George Bush or an outright infidel like Sarah Palin, having the effect and command in that arena like Obama did!

MLK actually wrote his own speeches.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick

busaguy79

FreeOnes is pumping through my veins!
Yeah a touching speech and needed for the aftermath of the tragic events that happened but this is politics and left or right, republican or democrat they always try to take full advantage of terrible events.

You can think what you want, I felt horrible about what happened, and yes it was right for President Obama to make a speech and yes how he said it came from the heart but there are always other issues in play, i'm sure he and many in his office are hoping his popularity points go up a few points.

calpoon

Yes, I bribed and cheated to get this far
I find it pretty appalling that people seem to only value human life when it is politically motivated.

I won't speak for the other tragedies that no one has shed a tear over. You don't care because you didn't even hear about them.

I live in Tucson, this happened in my neighborhood and affected my community on both sides. I didn't listen to the speech just like I've never listened to any other politicians.

I don't need Obama to tell me what to think and feel.

darkwarrior3007

1,000 posts to go for my own user title!
I thought Obama did a good job with the speech. What I find disturbing is that instead of just leaving it at that, people go into the negativity. Is it really that hard to give it a rest for once?

LaLiLuLeLohan

IDGAF who wrote it....he SAID it with conviction and authority! :hatsoff:

So in your mind, Marlon Brando truly made Moe Greene and offer he couldn't refuse?

I understand being distracted by smoke and mirrors, but I'll never understand embracing that distraction.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
So in your mind, Marlon Brando truly made Moe Greene and offer he couldn't refuse?

I understand being distracted by smoke and mirrors, but I'll never understand embracing that distraction.

:facepalm:
keep watching Glen Beckowitz....

Ulysses31

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
It was sure as hell better than this speech :mad: